I’ve given a few talks over the past couple of years, mostly around information security.
- August 12, 2017 - A short presentation on digital device security I gave for DC Legal Hacker’s Digital Security Training event at Georgetown Law’s Tech Institute.
Personal Security Checklist
- February 16, 2017 - I gave a quick overview of my personal security checklist at DC Hack & Tell.
Intro to Security for Developers
Two hour long interactive workshop with Node.js code samples for full stack developers. Topics include secure use of GitHub and npm, HTTPS, cross site scripting (XSS), designing authentication systems, information disclosure, protecting availability, and security HTTP headers.
- February 9, 2017 - Women Who Code DC Tech Talk
- October 22, 2016 - Tech Lady Hackathon #4
- October 8, 2016 - Mapbox Mini Conf
Intro to Git + Build Your Own Website with GitHub Pages and Cloud9
Hour long interactive workshop that first teaches attendees the basics of git and GitHub and then dives in to how to create your own personal website using GitHub Pages and Cloud9 IDE. I chose Cloud9 IDE for this presentation as I wanted to ensure that any attendee regardless of what device they own (e.g. old Windows laptop, Chromebook, or tablet) or have access to (library computer) could learn git, GitHub, and GitHub Pages.